Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

High discrepancy between results of one quantity for the specific Boundary Condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Everybody,

I have used two physics (AC/DC and Laminar flow module) in my model to simulate the velocity profile of electro-osmotic flow in 2d micro chamber.

I wanted to set a velocity ac B.C for my wall which was defined in terms of x component of electric field (E field was computed in first run using AC/DC module)

x component of velocity =mu*ec.Ex ; (mu is electroosmotic velocity)

When I plotted mu*ec.Ex for the specific boundary (wall e.g.) and then ran laminar flow physics and plotted u (x component of velocity in the second run), they are not the same.

Because the boundary I chose to plot velocity was the same, I expected the results would be the same.

Would you please help me on this? Is the way I'm thinking wrong?

Thanks in advance,

0 Replies Last Post Sep 17, 2017, 3:23 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Akbar Samadi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.