Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Flow of water droplet in dielectric medium due to electrostatic force

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, there. I am modeling a flow of water droplet in the dielectric medium due to the applied electric field in 2D. I have taken electrostatic, laminar flow and phase field physics and multi physics for modeling two phase flow of air and water. Water is my first fluid and air is the second. I have modeled physics according to Comsol tutorial "Separation Through Electrocoalescence". In my case what should be the phase field function? For water and air? I have taken -1 for water and 0 for air. I tried to solve this for step input of electrical voltage for 7 seconds. For 0.3 seconds, it is solving but when I put large time, it is producing this error-
"Repeated error test failures. May have reached a singularity.
Time : 0.003750230725364472
Last time step is not converged."
Can anybody please guide through this, how to eliminate this error.
And can anybody assure me that my model is correct? I am unable to attach the Comsol file here. If anybody wants I will share the file

0 Replies Last Post Sep 1, 2017, 9:06 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Tausif Mulla

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.