Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

ac electromagnetics+heat transfer-resistive heating

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi!i'm new at comsol...i have a cable with insulation and i use both ac electromagnetics and heat transfer modules.What i would like to know is how the '' Qav_qa'' is calculated in the program?by which equation?And when i put it as entrance at the heat transfer module the value that it takes is the average in the volume of the cable?because it does not equal to i^2*r.(there is current only in the insultion).

1 Reply Last Post Feb 24, 2011, 3:00 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 24, 2011, 3:00 a.m. EST
Hi

I do believe (from the variable name) that you are in v3.5a. THe Q heat flow is the averaged one, in "QA" application mode. THe best is to check the doc (index it and search for your variable name). Then you can look at the "physics" subdomain equations" where you should find this variable and the related equations inside the COMSOL GUI

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I do believe (from the variable name) that you are in v3.5a. THe Q heat flow is the averaged one, in "QA" application mode. THe best is to check the doc (index it and search for your variable name). Then you can look at the "physics" subdomain equations" where you should find this variable and the related equations inside the COMSOL GUI -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.