Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

accoustic lens

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi guys
i am just about to finish my degree and i am working on a project in which i am trying to acquire a acoustic image using accoustic len and a matrix of microphones.
now i am trying to run a simulation of the accoustic len in comsol and i would realy appriciate if someone can help me
thank you very much

2 Replies Last Post Jan 12, 2017, 8:58 a.m. EST

Posted: 7 years ago Jan 11, 2017, 12:35 p.m. EST
can someone please tell me if its even possible using comsol (to simulate an acoustic lens)
can someone please tell me if its even possible using comsol (to simulate an acoustic lens)

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago Jan 12, 2017, 8:58 a.m. EST
Yes, COMSOL is very well suited for modeling acoustic metamaterials. You will find many references to the COMSOL Acoustics Module (www.comsol.com/acoustics-module) being used for modeling acoustic lenses in the literature. See, e.g.
scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&q=acoustic+lens+%2B+COMSOL&btnG=&as_sdt=1%2C22&as_sdtp=&oq=acoustic+le
Best,
Jeff
Yes, COMSOL is very well suited for modeling acoustic metamaterials. You will find many references to the COMSOL Acoustics Module (https://www.comsol.com/acoustics-module) being used for modeling acoustic lenses in the literature. See, e.g. https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&q=acoustic+lens+%2B+COMSOL&btnG=&as_sdt=1%2C22&as_sdtp=&oq=acoustic+le Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.