Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coordinates for Postprocessing Comsol 5.2a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

i've got a little problem with a fairly easy model of an iron core with which I want to model the hysteresis effects. I attached a screenshot so it might be easier to unterstand what i am talking about.

As you can see, I modeled only half of the struckture. I selected a boundary of the core on the symetry and calculated an average. Now i plotted mf.By over mf.Hy to get the Data normal to my selection. So far so good.

Now to my question: If I calculate the average data set on a different cross section ( for example on the litte "cut" you can see in the core) I'd still need the B and H component normal to that cross section and I dont know how to do that. I tried it with a second coordinate system but haven't come very far.

Could you help me? I searched the forum but didn't find anything. If you need another explanation or have a link to a similar problem feel free to post it.

Thanks and (almost) happy holidays,
Thomas

0 Replies Last Post Dec 22, 2016, 5:30 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Thomas Riedlinger

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.