Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Fluid Flow, axial problem

Cairo Martins da Silva

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey, There.

I am a new user to Comsol Multiphysics. My goal is to simulate a fluid flow through a cylinder and then compare the results with some experimental ones. This fluid is non-newtonian and laminar. For the geometry, a 2d-rectangle is drawn near a symmetry line, with radius equals to 0,0254/2 [m]. Its width is 6 [m]. One of its edges belongs to this line, in this case one of the biggest ones. The rectangle is vertical, and the inlet wall consists on the lower basis, while outlet comprehends the upper.
Setting the initial values, the mass rate is 1.4 [kg/s] for inlet and pressure 101325 [Pa] for the outlet wall. No slip for the other ones and backflow might be suppressed. All of those information was set in the fluid flow part, like it is registered here. Density is equal to rho=997,5 [kg/m³] and viscosity mu=0,00093210000000 [Pa.s].

After running the simulation, it is necessary to evaluate average pressure in a line 2 [m] distant from entrance and in another one 2 [m] distant from the latter, or 4 [m] from inlet wall. Nevertheless, the information given by the problem set is not accurate. The parable velocity x arc lenght is disform, and also the pressure values are not converging to the experimental ones. What can I do to solve this correctly?

0 Replies Last Post Nov 22, 2016, 12:09 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Cairo Martins da Silva

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.