Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error: Plot Surface in porous media

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I got a problem when I try to plot the surface of a porous media on Comsol but it alway shows that errors:

Can't evaluate expression.

Failed to evaluate variable:
Variable: mod1.p
Geometry: 1
Domain: 1

Failed to evaluate expression:
Expression: 101832.99389002037*mod1.p/rho0
Plot: surf1 (Surface)

Anyone know the solution, please help me !

1 Reply Last Post Nov 1, 2016, 1:45 p.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago Nov 1, 2016, 1:45 p.m. EDT
Hello Jack,
The file you attached contains multiple data sets. Make sure that whatever plot you create or modify points to the dataset that contains the solution you computed. If it points to a data set that does not contain a variable called p, you will get the error message you reported.
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello Jack, The file you attached contains multiple data sets. Make sure that whatever plot you create or modify points to the dataset that contains the solution you computed. If it points to a data set that does not contain a variable called p, you will get the error message you reported. Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.