Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In COMSOL 3.5a there was an option to generate a report/document of the data and information that is available in that particular user-created model file (I am not talking about the inbuilt model library files). Does anybody know if COMSOL 4.1 still has this option. If yes, how to use it?

Thanks,
Sirisha

6 Replies Last Post May 1, 2017, 9:50 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 29, 2010, 3:52 p.m. EST
It's a feature that's planned for a return at version 4.2, see Release Notes manual.
Jeff
It's a feature that's planned for a return at version 4.2, see Release Notes manual. Jeff

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 29, 2010, 5:21 p.m. EST
Thanks for the response. Any idea on the dates when version 4.2 is set to release? I understand it is sometime in Spring 2011 but is it at the beginning of spring or later?

Thanks,
Sirisha
Thanks for the response. Any idea on the dates when version 4.2 is set to release? I understand it is sometime in Spring 2011 but is it at the beginning of spring or later? Thanks, Sirisha

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 29, 2010, 5:36 p.m. EST
I don't believe a release date for v4.2 has been officially announced yet.
Jeff
I don't believe a release date for v4.2 has been officially announced yet. Jeff

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 30, 2010, 4:40 a.m. EST
Hi

We are many missing some sort of reporting to document our models, I'm saving the "m" files after haveing cleared solution mesh and refreshed the file and use that as reference for me, but it's not really a delivrerale for my clients. In 4.1 you can at least save automatically many graphs and images when you rerun your model via the report section

At the Paris Conference I heard about v4.2 for this spring, for me this means rather late spring May-June, but sometimes there are patches in between

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi We are many missing some sort of reporting to document our models, I'm saving the "m" files after haveing cleared solution mesh and refreshed the file and use that as reference for me, but it's not really a delivrerale for my clients. In 4.1 you can at least save automatically many graphs and images when you rerun your model via the report section At the Paris Conference I heard about v4.2 for this spring, for me this means rather late spring May-June, but sometimes there are patches in between -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 7 years ago Apr 28, 2017, 12:03 p.m. EDT
If anyone knows if something like the following option exists, please let us know:

An option under the Reports menu in addition to Brief, Intermediate, and Complete -- maybe call it "Quick" or "Summary". In this option, the report should include by default:
The existing Global Definitions, Component, and Study sections
All the tables in the Results/Tables node
All the plots in all the plot groups under the Results node

Even a way to copy all the tables from the Results/Tables node to the Reports/Tables node would be a helpful work-around to the present situation (in 5.2a). The need to regenerate tables and plots in the Reports node, when they have already been generated in the Results node, is inefficient in many ways.

If anyone knows if something like the following option exists, please let us know: An option under the Reports menu in addition to Brief, Intermediate, and Complete -- maybe call it "Quick" or "Summary". In this option, the report should include by default: The existing Global Definitions, Component, and Study sections All the tables in the Results/Tables node All the plots in all the plot groups under the Results node Even a way to copy all the tables from the Results/Tables node to the Reports/Tables node would be a helpful work-around to the present situation (in 5.2a). The need to regenerate tables and plots in the Reports node, when they have already been generated in the Results node, is inefficient in many ways.

Posted: 7 years ago May 1, 2017, 9:50 a.m. EDT
Hello David,
Have you tried the "Custom Report" option? It gives a lot of flexibility to include (or not include) information from your model in the report.
To use it, right-click on the Reports branch in the Model Builder, select Custom Report, and then right click on the Report1 node to add sections to your report. In particular one of the sections for you could be of the Model Contents>Table type (If I understand correctly what you are trying to do).
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello David, Have you tried the "Custom Report" option? It gives a lot of flexibility to include (or not include) information from your model in the report. To use it, right-click on the Reports branch in the Model Builder, select Custom Report, and then right click on the Report1 node to add sections to your report. In particular one of the sections for you could be of the Model Contents>Table type (If I understand correctly what you are trying to do). Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.