Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

make hole

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi every one

I work on a micro reactor and I want to make a small hole on wall side of
reactor. I tried but when make contact the hole to a capillary wall side, the hole
is blocked.

Does anyone know how to handle this?

Sincerely,

1 Reply Last Post Dec 21, 2010, 2:36 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 21, 2010, 2:36 a.m. EST
Hi

if you add a very small geoemetrical object to a large model, you must check that the realtive tolerance values are large enough (see geometry node) if you have a 1[m] model and add a 1[um] hole iwt a relative tolerance of 1e-5 the hole will be ignored s its smalle than 1[m]*1E-5=10[um], set the tolerance to 1E-7 and it should do.

On the other side nite tha having mesh relations above 1:10'000 makes the model often delicate to solve/converge o even difficult to mesh (at least in automatic mode)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if you add a very small geoemetrical object to a large model, you must check that the realtive tolerance values are large enough (see geometry node) if you have a 1[m] model and add a 1[um] hole iwt a relative tolerance of 1e-5 the hole will be ignored s its smalle than 1[m]*1E-5=10[um], set the tolerance to 1E-7 and it should do. On the other side nite tha having mesh relations above 1:10'000 makes the model often delicate to solve/converge o even difficult to mesh (at least in automatic mode) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.