Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Entering matrices

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am having trouble tracking down a reference for how to enter a matrix into the "Elasticity matrix" text field for a material I am defining. Can anyone tell me what the correct syntax is?

Thanks,

Matt

2 Replies Last Post Dec 7, 2010, 9:14 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 7, 2010, 8:24 a.m. EST
Hi

have yu checked chapter 3 of the Structural user guide v4.1 ? conventions and numbering is given around p101-102

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi have yu checked chapter 3 of the Structural user guide v4.1 ? conventions and numbering is given around p101-102 -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 7, 2010, 9:14 a.m. EST
I figured it out. It looks like the elasticity matrix needs to be entered as a comma deliminated vector.

I didn't see that anywhere in the reference and only found it through trial and error.

-Matt
I figured it out. It looks like the elasticity matrix needs to be entered as a comma deliminated vector. I didn't see that anywhere in the reference and only found it through trial and error. -Matt

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.