Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modeling axon on a shaker plate.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to model an axon (as a half cylinder viscoelastic beam) on a shaker plate with an amplitude of 3mm under frequency analysis to find the frequency at which the axon receives any appreciable damage from the shaking (defined at some stress threshold).

I am using the frequency analysis of the structural mechanics module, and my geometry consists of a rectangular slab (as the shaker plate) with a half cylinder in contact on top of it. Viscoelastic properties were applied to the half cylinder and a prescribed displacement of 3mm was added to the subdomain and boundary conditions of the rectangular slab.

A frequency range of 0:10:100 was then solved for.

However, I am not sure I am approaching this problem correctly because there does not appear to be any stresses in the cylinder due to the shaking (even at really high frequencies), and was wondering if anyone could offer any tips?

Thanks,
Dan

0 Replies Last Post Nov 22, 2010, 7:58 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Dan Linard

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.