Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Returned solution has not converged.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello All,

When I try to use 3D-AC/DC Module-Magnetostatics(emqa) to get the inductance of a three turns copper coil with magnetic materials covered, I will always meet the problem:
Failed to find a solution:
Divergence of the linear iterations.
Returned solution has not converged.

I have set the geometry well, so could it be the problem of mesh? Or is it because the geometry is too complicated?

If anyone happens to know how to solve this problem, plz tell me how to fix it.

Thank you very mcuh.

2 Replies Last Post Nov 9, 2010, 2:30 p.m. EST
Jean-Christophe Lavocat

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 9, 2010, 4:14 a.m. EST
Try to change the tolerance in your solver configuration. Increase it a little bit.
You can also try to use a corser mesh
Try to change the tolerance in your solver configuration. Increase it a little bit. You can also try to use a corser mesh

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 9, 2010, 2:30 p.m. EST
Thanks for your answer.

But coarser mesh will result in the failure of mesh. Is there any better other ways to find the inductance of the coil shape inductors?

Thanks for your answer. But coarser mesh will result in the failure of mesh. Is there any better other ways to find the inductance of the coil shape inductors?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.