Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

different frames in comsol 4.0

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I have got a problem associated with frames. In my modelling, I have three general form and a moving mesh. two general equations are to be solved under spatial frame and the other one is to be solved under material frame. I have done this in comsol 3.5. But I couldn't find out how to do this in comsol 4.0. Can someone help? thanks a lot

1 Reply Last Post Nov 9, 2010, 1:47 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 9, 2010, 1:47 a.m. EST
Hi

I'm not sure it helps a lot, but in V4 you can define your operators on the different frames, the same for the solvers data sets (the postprocessing integrations are by default set to the solver defined frames, this somethimes fools you, be aware).
Another difference in V4 the structural uses the spatial frame by default as driven by the displacements. (this was off by default in 3.5. Often this alows to remove a moving mesh case and simplifies the mode set up

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I'm not sure it helps a lot, but in V4 you can define your operators on the different frames, the same for the solvers data sets (the postprocessing integrations are by default set to the solver defined frames, this somethimes fools you, be aware). Another difference in V4 the structural uses the spatial frame by default as driven by the displacements. (this was off by default in 3.5. Often this alows to remove a moving mesh case and simplifies the mode set up -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.