Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Phonons in nanowire

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi ,
I'm doing simulation about the phonons in nanowires by comsol35 depending on the continuum model,then I I've used the structural mechanics module - solid ,strain stress - Eigenfrequency analysis ,by using the GUI not by script and I got at the end the eigenmodes with their eigenfrequencies, but when I wanted to get the wavevectors that correspond the eigenfrequencies I couldn't,
the process I used as the following:
- design the cylindrical nanowire by the GUI radius=20nm, L=225nm and the material is GaAs ,then the sample is meshed (free mesh) then I solved that for 30 eigenfrequency .
finally from the postprocessing one can get the eigenfrequency easily, but the problem is how to get the wavevector.

I still newbie in comsol so if someone knows how to do that please please help me .

3 Replies Last Post Jun 11, 2015, 2:12 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hussein Ayedh

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 9 years ago May 5, 2015, 4:57 a.m. EDT
I have same problem,,
Could you tell me how solved that?
I really thanks about any comments.
I have same problem,, Could you tell me how solved that? I really thanks about any comments.

Posted: 9 years ago May 6, 2015, 12:26 p.m. EDT
How do you define the wave numbers? Based on longitudinal periodicity?
How do you define the wave numbers? Based on longitudinal periodicity?

Posted: 9 years ago Jun 11, 2015, 2:12 a.m. EDT
yes, At first, I set lattice constant(= a ), I set periodicity for longitudinal direction.

But I got the bad result(y-axis figure is smaller than expected value.)
yes, At first, I set lattice constant(= a ), I set periodicity for longitudinal direction. But I got the bad result(y-axis figure is smaller than expected value.)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.