Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3D contact in V.40a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,
I have modeled an elastomer substrate that should come in contact with a sphere (structural steel).
I have defined the contact pairs (the lower boundary of the sphere (source) and the upper surface of the elastomeric substrate (destination)), a prescribed displacement of the sphere; The elastomer is modeled as hyperelastic (mooney-rivlin). The lower face of the elastomer is fixed while the boundary of the elastomer are free.
In the stationary solver I have used a parameter for the displacement (I have used the " continuation " option).
The problem is that after the simulation there isn't any deformation of the elastomer and there isn't any displacement of the sphere.
I don't understand why... Could someone help me??
thank you so much.

Perla

1 Reply Last Post Nov 9, 2010, 1:39 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 9, 2010, 1:39 a.m. EST
Hi

that manly means, as I understand it, that your contact are not correctly set up, or the physics are not linked correctly. Try to compare your case to an example from the model library

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi that manly means, as I understand it, that your contact are not correctly set up, or the physics are not linked correctly. Try to compare your case to an example from the model library -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.