Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Parametric Sweep in 4.0 not updating

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am testing comsol 4.0a and trying to run a simple model with a parametric sweep. I selected the parameter name and input several values and then solved the model. I looked at the results and all appears well, however when I wanted to change the parameters and do another sweep (broaden the range of the variable a bit) it doesn't seem to refresh.

Specifically, I put in a new set of parameter values and "solved" the study. The progress bar in the solve reports it is solving the parametric run but when it finishes only the prior parametric sweep is available. No errors are reported.

1. How do I reset the model so it will detect this new set of parameters?
2. How do I delete old solutions and completely reset the model. In 3.5a this was possible ....
3. How do I monitor what parameter it is currently solving to confirm that it is working on the right thing?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies Last Post Nov 5, 2010, 6:34 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 5, 2010, 8:57 a.m. EDT
Hi

Once again;): in versions prior to 4.1 there is an updating issue of the TWO occurences of the parameter sweep and continuation/extension fields, you must update BOTH sub nodes (also the parameter one far below)

just do a cut and copy of your Stationary range formula in the lower Parameter sweep node

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Once again;): in versions prior to 4.1 there is an updating issue of the TWO occurences of the parameter sweep and continuation/extension fields, you must update BOTH sub nodes (also the parameter one far below) just do a cut and copy of your Stationary range formula in the lower Parameter sweep node -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 5, 2010, 6:34 p.m. EDT
Thanks. I did search before asking, must have been the wrong keywords.
Thanks. I did search before asking, must have been the wrong keywords.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.