Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Initial Pressure - error

Matthias Auf der Mauer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I try to model the influence of a heated boundary on surrounding air in a 3-d model. When I try to set the initial pressure in the laminar flow to:
-spf.rho*g_const*(0.05[m]-z)

I always get the following error message:

Error in user-defined function.
- Function: dcomp1.mat1.def.rho_drho__T__internalArgument
Failed to evaluate temporary symbolic derivative variable.
- Variable: comp1.ht.rho@VDN$comp1.T
- Defined as: (unit_kg_cf*(dcomp1.mat1.def.rho_drho__T__internalArgument(comp1.ht.fluid1.minput_pressure/unit_Pa_cf,comp1.ht.fluid1.minput_temperature/unit_K_cf)*(1/unit_K_cf)))*(1/(unit_m_cf^3))
Failed to evaluate temporary symbolic derivative variable.
- Variable: comp1.ht.C_eff@VDN$comp1.T
- Defined as: (((unit_kg_cf*(dcomp1.mat1.def.rho_drho__T__internalArgument(comp1.ht.fluid1.minput_pressure/unit_Pa_cf,comp1.ht.fluid1.minput_temperature/unit_K_cf)*(1/unit_K_cf)))*(1/(unit_m_cf^3)))*comp1.ht.Cp)+(comp1.ht.rho*((unit_J_cf*(dcomp1.mat1.def.Cp(comp1.ht.fluid1.minput_temperature/unit_K_cf)*(1/unit_K_cf)))*(1/(unit_K_cf*unit_kg_cf))))
Failed to evaluate expression.
- Expression: dvol*(comp1.ht.d*(comp1.Tt*(-((((unit_kg_cf*(dcomp1.mat1.def.rho_drho__T__internalArgument(comp1.ht.fluid1.minput_pressure/unit_Pa_cf,comp1.ht.fluid1.minput_temperature/unit_K_cf)*(1/unit_K_cf)))*(1/(unit_m_cf^3)))*comp1.ht.Cp)+(comp1.ht.rho*((unit_J_cf*(dcomp1.mat1.def.Cp(comp1.ht.fluid1.minput_temperature/unit_K_cf)*(1/unit_K_cf)))*(1/(unit_K_cf*unit_kg_cf))))))))
Failed to evaluate Jacobian of expression.
- Expression: dvol*(((-comp1.ht.C_eff)*comp1.Tt)*comp1.ht.d)
Failed to evaluate Jacobian of expression.
- Expression: (-comp1.ht.C_eff*comp1.Tt*test(comp1.T)*comp1.ht.d)*(dvol)

It would be great, if somebody could help me!!

Thanks a lot in advance! :D

0 Replies Last Post Mar 21, 2016, 2:00 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Matthias Auf der Mauer

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.