Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error Index:2, Size 2, Feature: Stationary Solver 1

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I have a Frequency Domain study looking at the dynamic response of an un-deformed structure immersed in water. I am using Solid Mechanics, Pressure Acoustics - Frequency Domain (acpr) and Multi-physics defined in the model. This is a problem type I have solved many times (recently upgraded to v5.2).

Initially looking to solve the model at zero pressure (un-deformed) but I unfortunately get an error message "Index: 2, Size: 2" and despite looking through the model numerous times, resetting to defaults etc. I can not resolve this!

Can anyone help give an indication of what this error may relate to ...its so brief its unhelpful!

Unfortunately I am unable to share the model - sorry

Thanks in advance Colin

2 Replies Last Post Mar 15, 2016, 12:31 p.m. EDT

Posted: 8 years ago Mar 15, 2016, 12:16 p.m. EDT
Apologies forgot to say I was still using v5.1.

Just opened the model in v5.2 and the study has run without a problem!

Colin
Apologies forgot to say I was still using v5.1. Just opened the model in v5.2 and the study has run without a problem! Colin

Posted: 8 years ago Mar 15, 2016, 12:31 p.m. EDT
Hi

Just in case you were wondering if it was the fact that the model file had been saved and re-opened rather than using v5.2 ...no it wasn't ...I still get the error in v5.1.

Recommendation: with this error use v5.2

Colin

Hi Just in case you were wondering if it was the fact that the model file had been saved and re-opened rather than using v5.2 ...no it wasn't ...I still get the error in v5.1. Recommendation: with this error use v5.2 Colin

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.