Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Multi-turn coil into simple SPICE circuit

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have recently downloaded and played around with the COMSOL model "Inductor in an amplifier circuit" (www.comsol.no/model/inductor-in-an-amplifier-circuit-990). This worked well, but when adding my own NETLIST from a simple circuit (picture attached), I get various error messages from the time dependent solution. (Reach singularity, maximum number of iterations reached, failed to find solutions for all parameters and so forth).

I have attached my model file and hope that someone with more experience than me can point me in the right direction and increase my knowledge about this extremely powerful tool.

NETLIST below:

R1 N002 0 10MEG
*L1 N001 N002 244µ (this is the inductor i removed from the circuit and replaced with the COMSOL multi-turn coil)
R2 N002 N003 59.4
C1 N003 0 138n
V1 N001 0 PULSE(0 813 2u 0.1u 0.1u 10u 30u 10) Rser=1u Cpar=100n
.tran 0 100u 0 5n
.backanno
.end

--
:)

0 Replies Last Post Mar 14, 2016, 6:25 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yngve S.

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.