Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can anyone please check my COMSOL simulation on a simple microfludic device?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In my comsol simulation, I am trying to form an ultrasonic standing wave field, hence the study that I am using is the frequency domain study. The resonant frequency of PZT-8 is 960 kHz. While running the simulation, I got a really small pressure acoustic wave field. This might be due to a number of reasons:

1. Wrong or missing boundary conditions
2. The material that I am using for the transmission layer between the transducer and the fluid domain

3. There is no coupling between the piezoelectric effect + structure mechanics (solid) with the fluid domain.

My flies are in this dropbox link

www.dropbox.com/sh/d86v13zvhjy0d25/AABEkJQU5gKJamidpmAgexnfa?dl=0

Please have a look at my simulation and the brief report. Please tell me whats wrong with it.

P.S. I am using a Classkit License Comsol Multiphysics V5.2, hence I have given the brief report for you to check if you cannot use the Comsol version that I am currently using.

0 Replies Last Post Mar 13, 2016, 5:43 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Badri Suhaini

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.