Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Magnetic Refrigeration

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Magnetic refrigeration is based on the increase and decrease of magnetic materials by an amount of ?Tad when magnetic fields are applied or removed, respectivelly. To simulate a magnetic refrigerator it is necessary to use these processes in cycles. However, with COMSOL it is not possible to change directly the temperature in one time step by the amount ?Tad since COMSOL solves for the temperature. I would like to know if there is an automated process in which we simulate each cycle individually, dividing the whole simulation into many, that do not include the increase/decrease of temperature, so that at the beginning of each simulation we sum ?Tad to the magnetic materials temperature at the end of the previous simulation. The procedure of this chain of simulations could give us the required time evolution of the temperature of the system.

1 Reply Last Post Nov 7, 2010, 5:22 p.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 7, 2010, 5:22 p.m. EST
I really need some help. Any idea is welcome.
I really need some help. Any idea is welcome.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.