Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simple 2D Flow Problem but no convergence

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I am trying to simulate very simple fluid flow with an inlet and outlet boundary conditions but I am having trouble with convergence. For some reason, my result would not converge. I was wondering if any of the experts could have a take a look at the model I have and help me with it.

I have an air flow inlet with a specified air flow speed and an outlet. The rest of the geometry is wall.

Please share your thoughts.

thanks,

1 Reply Last Post Jan 22, 2016, 3:09 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago Jan 22, 2016, 3:09 a.m. EST
Hello

Actually it’s not a very simple geometry :-)

I tried to reduce the inlet speed and changed a bit the solver configuration.
If you run the simulation you can see that the circles in your model and its curvature create wakes that destabilize the flow.

I think you should use the turbulent flow module in this case (which I don’t have)

Good luck

Dara
Hello Actually it’s not a very simple geometry :-) I tried to reduce the inlet speed and changed a bit the solver configuration. If you run the simulation you can see that the circles in your model and its curvature create wakes that destabilize the flow. I think you should use the turbulent flow module in this case (which I don’t have) Good luck Dara

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.