Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Sugestions for next version

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi.
I don't know if this has been raised under another topic (if so, admin's please move this post)

After using ver. 4.0a for some time now, there are a few things that i miss in the software.

1. enable and disable multiple items in the model builder - i think this is possible in most cad softwares so why not in the cae?

2. when applying a size to a mesh feature (such as free triangles or mapped faces) i would like if the model tree would show what sizeing that was used for the predefined size scoope - something like "size 1 <fine>" and "size 2 <fine>" if the meshing is custom specified it could just show "size 3 <custom>"
This would make the re-using of a model (e.g. using a model as a template for multiple simulations) a lot easier.

3. A function to clear the results. (right now I am deleting the solutions but that also removes the plot group - and often i want to see the results in the same way.

all in all ver. 4.0a is a lot better user-wise than ver. 3.5 :)

BR
Kim Folmer Andersen

0 Replies Last Post Oct 8, 2010, 4:14 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kim Andersen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.