Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Thermocouple model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to model the effect of two metals that are in contact with a heat source at one end and isolated from each other at the other end. It should be similar to the Seebeck effect in thermocouples. I am trying to obtain the voltage difference produced between the two metals when they both come in contact with a heat source.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to obtain this?
The only info I found was that it is necesary to use the PDE Application Mode.
Any help is appreciated.
Thank you

2 Replies Last Post Sep 6, 2017, 6:02 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Gabriela H

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 7 years ago Aug 21, 2017, 12:22 p.m. EDT
Hi,

Any success?
I'm dealing with almost same problem that I need to simulate. If you already found out how to do it, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Hi, Any success? I'm dealing with almost same problem that I need to simulate. If you already found out how to do it, please let me know. Sincerely,

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago Sep 6, 2017, 6:02 p.m. EDT
Updated: 7 years ago Sep 7, 2017, 8:32 a.m. EDT
The thermoelectric effect coupling between the electric currents equation and the heat transfer in solids equation is available in the Heat Transfer Module, see www.comsol.com/heat-transfer-module .
You will find a couple of tutorials here:
www.comsol.com/models?q=thermoelectric
Best,
Jeff
The thermoelectric effect coupling between the electric currents equation and the heat transfer in solids equation is available in the Heat Transfer Module, see https://www.comsol.com/heat-transfer-module . You will find a couple of tutorials here: https://www.comsol.com/models?q=thermoelectric Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.