If you are a professional who is interested in solving heat transfer problems using COMSOL Multiphysics, this is the course for you. The Heat Transfer course will give you the opportunity to work on several hands-on exercises using COMSOL Multiphysics and the add-on Heat Transfer Module. During the 1-day course, we will cover problems such as heat transfer in solids and fluids that involve conduction, convection, radiation, and phase change. We will also touch on special topics such as heat transfer in biological tissue, porous media, and high-aspect-ratio structures such as pipes. Additionally, you will learn about multiphysics problems involving heat transfer, such as electromagnetic heating and thermal expansion.
To teach this course, we complement hands-on problem solving with discussion on relevant theory and best practices. By the end of the session, you will know how to successfully and efficiently set up heat transfer simulations using COMSOL software.
- Heat conduction in stationary and moving solids
- Heat conduction involving multiphysics
- Bioheat transfer
- Heat transfer in fluids: Free and forced convection
- Heat transfer in porous media
- Surface-to-ambient and surface-to-surface radiation
- Radiation with wavelength-dependent emissivity
- Radiation in participating media
- Phase change processes
This course assumes some familiarity with the basic concepts of transport phenomena, especially heat transfer and fluid dynamics. We strongly recommend that those new to COMSOL Multiphysics take the COMSOL Multiphysics Intensive Training course prior to attending this class.
Pricing & Payment Methods
The price for this 1-day course is $695.00 per person.
- We offer an academic discount to those who qualify. The academic rate for this course is $395.
- A discounted group rate of $1,695 is offered for three attendees from the same commercial institution registering for this course. This discount may not be combined with any other offer.
- Commercial registrants who sign up for 3 or more consecutive days of training will qualify for 20% off their course fee. This discount may not be combined with any other offer.
We accept payment by credit card, company purchase order, check, wire, or direct deposit. For security purposes, please do not send credit card information via email. COMSOL will contact you by phone to confirm the payment information.
Mail payments or purchase orders to:
100 District Avenue
Burlington, MA 01803
Fax purchase orders to: