Electrochemistry and Battery Modeling (2 Days)
If you want to learn how to model electrolysis; electrodialysis; and electroanalytical methods in sensors, batteries, and fuel cells; this is the course for you. At the beginning of the course, you will get an introduction to the theory and applications of the Electrochemistry Module and Batteries & Fuel Cells Module. We will describe in detail the coupling between electric potential in the electrode, electrolyte, and electrode kinetics as well as the ability to combine multiple electrode reactions on one and the same electrode.
In addition, we will investigate the effects of chemical species transport on the electrochemical reaction kinetics. During the training exercises, you will learn how to account for ohmic, activation, and concentration overpotential. At the end of the course, you will also understand how high-fidelity simulations can predict the effects of electrode geometry, catalytic activity, material properties, and operating conditions on the performance of electrochemical cells.
- Lithium-ion battery models: Simulation of charge and discharge cycles
- State-of-the-art models of the lead-acid battery
- Modeling of gas diffusion electrodes (GDEs) in fuel cells
- Accounting for the bipolar plate structure in fuel cells
- Electrolysis and electrodialysis
- Electroanalytical method simulations, such as cyclic voltammetry and electrochemical impedance spectroscopy
- Lumped models and equivalent circuit models
This course assumes familiarity with the fundamentals of electrochemistry. We strongly recommend that those new to COMSOL Multiphysics® take the COMSOL Multiphysics® Intensive course prior to attending this class.
Pricing & Payment Methods
The price for this 2-day course is $1,295 per person.
- We offer an academic discount to those who qualify. The academic rate for this course is $850.
We accept payment by credit card, company purchase order, check, wire, or direct deposit. For security purposes, please do not send credit card information via email. COMSOL will contact you by phone to confirm the payment information.
Mail payments or purchase orders to:
100 District Avenue
Burlington, MA 01803
Fax purchase orders to:
Training Course Details