If you are a professional with some knowledge of fluid mechanics and want to learn how to analyze fluid flow problems with COMSOL Multiphysics, this is the course for you. The CFD course will cover both theory and practical applications with an emphasis on how to use COMSOL Multiphysics more efficiently for CFD simulations. During the 1-day course, you will receive a comprehensive overview of the CFD Module, an add-on to COMSOL Multiphysics. You will also be guided through hands-on exercises for different types of fluid mechanics problems.
By the end of the training session, you will know how to set up a CFD problem, choose the right boundary conditions, select appropriate postprocessing options, and use the result visualization tools. Additionally, you will learn how to prepare your geometry or CAD file for CFD analysis and how to build a mesh that is well suited for fluid flow simulations.
- Introduction to CFD
- Single-phase flow:
- Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids
- Overview of the RANS turbulence models
- Multiphysics flow:
- Heat and mass transport
- Multiphysics-driven flow
- Fluid-structure interaction (FSI)
- Rotating machinery
- Particle tracing
- Multiphase flow:
- Interface tracking methods
- Mixture models
This course assumes some familiarity with the basic concepts of fluid dynamics. We strongly recommend that those new to COMSOL Multiphysics take the COMSOL Multiphysics Intensive Training course prior to attending this class.
Pricing & Payment Methods
The price for this 1-day course is $695.00 per person.
- We offer an academic discount to those who qualify. The academic rate for this course is $395.
- A discounted group rate of $1,695 is offered for three attendees from the same commercial institution registering for this course. This discount may not be combined with any other offer.
- Commercial registrants who sign up for 3 or more consecutive days of training will qualify for 20% off their course fee. This discount may not be combined with any other offer.
We accept payment by credit card, company purchase order, check, wire, or direct deposit. For security purposes, please do not send credit card information via email. COMSOL will contact you by phone to confirm the payment information.
Mail payments or purchase orders to:
100 District Avenue
Burlington, MA 01803
Fax purchase orders to:
Register for Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
This event has ended. Visit the event calendar to view upcoming events.