The COMSOL Multiphysics software is used by scientists and engineers worldwide, to solve physical problems in their research, design, and development work. Our rapid growth plan requires additional inside sales associate to join our team in Cambridge.
You will work closely with Sales Account Managers to build a pipeline of prospective leads within a defined territory in the UK and Ireland. This challenging role will require you to balance a range of responsibilities including researching sources for new leads and prospective customers, lead qualification and assist Sales Account Managers to develop new accounts. You will be part of a sales team that is supported by a talented team of applications and marketing specialists.
This is an entry level sales role that is ideally suited for recent Science or Engineering graduates with an interest in technical sales and business development. If successful, you will join a close-knit team of sales, marketing and technical specialists that form an important part of expanding the market leading company in multiphysics simulation and application design.
- Respond promptly and proactively to all sales leads and to qualify them thoroughly
- Work directly with Sales Account Manager to build sales pipeline.
- Research new sources of sales prospects and assist Sales Account Manager to maintain regular contact with existing customers through phone calls, onsite presentations, and web workshops
- Promote COMSOL events to both sales leads and existing customers
- Assist the sales team to identify and develop sales opportunities.
- Develop technical and business relationships with existing and prospective customers
- Update and maintain the company CRM system to assist the marketing and sales team to promote COMSOL more efficiently.
- Work closely with technical team at both pre and post sales stages to provide technical support to potential customers
- To document all account activities in CRM system
- To assist Sales Account Managers to organize and facilitate onsite meetings and public workshops as required
- Graduate ideally with a Bachelor or Masters in engineering, physical sciences, life sciences (or a related discipline) but not essential
- Positive, professional and confident communicator both in-person and on the phone, with concise writing skills
- Strong time-management skills, with the ability to balance multiple demands from a high volume of prospects as well as team members
- An understanding of the business challenges and technical issues clients face in the engineering and scientific sectors
- Excellent communications skills in person, on the phone and in writing. Strong public speaking skills
- Determination and a consultative approach to progressing and closing sales sometimes in a competitive sales situation
- Some experience with computer modelling, FEA analysis or computational physics would be advantageous but is not essential
- Eligible to work in the UK.
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Company pension
- Good prospects for career progression
- Professional and personal development in a fast growing high-tech software company
- Opportunity to resolve challenging technical problems using state-of-the-art engineering tools
- Work with creative and qualified team members in Cambridge and other international offices
- Casual atmosphere in modern offices with private individual work spaces, meeting rooms, relaxing communal areas, parking and modern café facilities.
||Inside Sales Associate
||Cambridge, United Kingdom
indicates required field
Cover Letter and Resume