Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

GPUmat, MATLAB and COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi There,

I'm fairly novice in the area of accessing the GPU for parallel processing. I heard that MATLAB can run calculations on the GPU using the GPUmat software/toolbox. Has any one tried running COMSOL from matlab as a script to utilize that power?

This seems way more attractive than cluster computations.

Cheers,
Laith

2 Replies Last Post Aug 7, 2015, 7:43 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 1, 2010, 12:11 p.m. EDT
Sounds great, I agree. But, I think we will not see it in coming 2-3 years min.

GPUmat or Jacket are quite cool. Nevertheless, the use of gpu for FEM is at very early research stage. The institutes that I work with do not want to invest time unless CUDA (the langugage of nvidia gpu) comes very close to C++ and openmpi.

Sounds great, I agree. But, I think we will not see it in coming 2-3 years min. GPUmat or Jacket are quite cool. Nevertheless, the use of gpu for FEM is at very early research stage. The institutes that I work with do not want to invest time unless CUDA (the langugage of nvidia gpu) comes very close to C++ and openmpi.

Posted: 9 years ago Aug 7, 2015, 7:43 a.m. EDT
Since these post already 5 years passed.

A high end GPU (GTX Titan X with 12GB GDDR5) costs 1000€.

And curiously waiting comsol to support GPU :)
Since these post already 5 years passed. A high end GPU (GTX Titan X with 12GB GDDR5) costs 1000€. And curiously waiting comsol to support GPU :)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.