Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transient laminar flow through a channel

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I am solving the transient laminar flow through a channel. The steady state solver can give me the steady state solution. However, while using the transient solver, COMSOL does not solve it. The error message is:
Failed to find consistent initial values.

I have not idea what could be wrong with initial conditions (zero velocity, uniform pressure). Does anyone have experience with it? The model is attached here. Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Hainan

1 Reply Last Post May 1, 2010, 9:04 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 1, 2010, 9:04 a.m. EDT
Are you sure you're in laminar range? bit.ly/9yXDZC
It is always a good practice in Comsol to keep the units, so you can see if there is any human error.
Are you sure you're in laminar range? http://bit.ly/9yXDZC It is always a good practice in Comsol to keep the units, so you can see if there is any human error.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.