Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat transfer in three blocks

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello.

I have side-by-side three blocks of three difference materials. I want to explore the heat transfer in these blocks when applying a temperature on the surface between the first and second walls. I encounter the following problem.
Heat transfers through the first and second blocks, but it doesn't penetrate into the third block, because it's material is different. When I make the material of the first and third blocks the same, it works fine.
What can I do in this case?

Thanks is advance.

1 Reply Last Post Jun 19, 2013, 12:37 p.m. EDT
Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 19, 2013, 12:37 p.m. EDT
Dear Alan,

That’s strange. Maybe your material properties are such that it takes a very long time for the temperature to penetrate the material and you are not solving for a sufficiently long time duration (assuming you are performing a time domain analysis).

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
Dear Alan, That’s strange. Maybe your material properties are such that it takes a very long time for the temperature to penetrate the material and you are not solving for a sufficiently long time duration (assuming you are performing a time domain analysis). Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.