Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mapped Coordinate System for L-Shape

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I would like to simulate the deformation of an L-Shape made of carbon fibers. In the beginning the L has an angle of 90 degrees but after it is cured in the oven, there is a spring-in effect, that means the angle gets smaller. Sadly I can't attach the model for better understanding because it's too big. In my model I have 8 layers of carbon: 4 layers of 0 degrees and 4 of 90 degrees. I think the best way to solve is with a Mapped Coordinate System, but I couldn't manage to solve it for this case.
Can anybody help?
Thanks a lot!

1 Reply Last Post May 16, 2013, 12:27 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 16, 2013, 12:27 a.m. EDT

Hello,
I would like to simulate the deformation of an L-Shape made of carbon fibers. In the beginning the L has an angle of 90 degrees but after it is cured in the oven, there is a spring-in effect, that means the angle gets smaller. Sadly I can't attach the model for better understanding because it's too big. In my model I have 8 layers of carbon: 4 layers of 0 degrees and 4 of 90 degrees. I think the best way to solve is with a Mapped Coordinate System, but I couldn't manage to solve it for this case.
Can anybody help?
Thanks a lot!

You may right click on the "solver configurations" and clear solutions and save and then upload it.
[QUOTE] Hello, I would like to simulate the deformation of an L-Shape made of carbon fibers. In the beginning the L has an angle of 90 degrees but after it is cured in the oven, there is a spring-in effect, that means the angle gets smaller. Sadly I can't attach the model for better understanding because it's too big. In my model I have 8 layers of carbon: 4 layers of 0 degrees and 4 of 90 degrees. I think the best way to solve is with a Mapped Coordinate System, but I couldn't manage to solve it for this case. Can anybody help? Thanks a lot! [/QUOTE] You may right click on the "solver configurations" and clear solutions and save and then upload it.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.