Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to make logscale colorbar

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

Generally, a figure is with a linear colorbar after solving. I would like to show more obvious contrast on my case. So I think that my need is a logscale colorbar. Can someone tell me how to do this? Thank you.

4 Replies Last Post Aug 31, 2016, 3:01 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 4, 2010, 4:05 a.m. EST
Hi

have you tried to type log10(T) instead of just "T" for your variable (here T=temperature), but this applies to any positive variable name

Good luck
Ivar
Hi have you tried to type log10(T) instead of just "T" for your variable (here T=temperature), but this applies to any positive variable name Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 4, 2010, 4:28 a.m. EST
Thanks Ivar.

I was under the impression that there is a shortcut function (or icon) to do this. Anyway, your method is pretty easy as well.
Thanks Ivar. I was under the impression that there is a shortcut function (or icon) to do this. Anyway, your method is pretty easy as well.

Posted: 9 years ago Dec 17, 2014, 9:41 a.m. EST
Is there a way to make a log scale for quantities that are both positive and negative. For example, an electric or magnetic field whose direction varies as a function of position? I am particularly interested in 3D or multi-slice plots and I would like to see not only the magnitude but also the direction on the same plot as a function of position.
Is there a way to make a log scale for quantities that are both positive and negative. For example, an electric or magnetic field whose direction varies as a function of position? I am particularly interested in 3D or multi-slice plots and I would like to see not only the magnitude but also the direction on the same plot as a function of position.

Posted: 8 years ago Aug 31, 2016, 3:01 p.m. EDT
Hi,

I am working on a heat transfer and laminar flow problem, I want to get the plot in log scale for the flow. I put log10 before the flow rate in the parametric sweep, where I am using range. So, the range is range(-4.778064400171995,4/9,-0.7780644001719947).
Which is negative and it gave me error.

In matlab I used logspace(0,4,100)*0.06 command , which gives me, ranges (0,06 to 600) in logarithmic scale. I want to do the same in comsol

Would you please help me?
Hi, I am working on a heat transfer and laminar flow problem, I want to get the plot in log scale for the flow. I put log10 before the flow rate in the parametric sweep, where I am using range. So, the range is range(-4.778064400171995,4/9,-0.7780644001719947). Which is negative and it gave me error. In matlab I used logspace(0,4,100)*0.06 command , which gives me, ranges (0,06 to 600) in logarithmic scale. I want to do the same in comsol Would you please help me?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.