Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to extract solid deformation of a time point in a transient process and rebuild it in another file?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
My aim is to make a simulation to observe the change of the optical phase on a optical fiber's outlet in a cycle of sound pressure. And I have a question as follow:
In file.A, I use transient Acoustic-Solid Interaction and Moving Mesh to compute how the solid change in a cycle of sound pressure. In file.B, I want to compute the change of optical phase. In file.B, I assume that solid is static and the density of mesh in file.B is higher than that in file.A, because the frequency of light is higher than the frequency of sound a lot. But the question is that the soild in file.A is not stationary in a time point, so what should I do to rebulid it in file.B?

thanks

--
Spring brother is true man

0 Replies Last Post Dec 21, 2012, 1:49 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jayson

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.