How to reduce the convergence error for nonlinear solver?

Raja Kumar Acoustics & Vibration

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

how can one minimize convergence errors in a nonlinear solver?

-------------------
iamrajakumar@iitkgp.ac.in
iamrajakr@gmail.com

1 Reply Last Post Jan 18, 2024, 5:30 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 months ago Jan 18, 2024, 5:30 a.m. EST

Looking at the plot you attached, I would say that you have a good set of results, there are very few iterations per step in that plot (often 1 or 2, occasioanlly 3 or 4). You may struggle to optimise it more... you could maybe increase step sizes to speed up solve time?

I am speaking from non-linear structural mechanics experience, but I would imagine the aims within an acoustics/vibration study are similar.

Looking at the plot you attached, I would say that you have a good set of results, there are very few iterations per step in that plot (often 1 or 2, occasioanlly 3 or 4). You may struggle to optimise it more... you could maybe increase step sizes to speed up solve time? I am speaking from non-linear structural mechanics experience, but I would imagine the aims within an acoustics/vibration study are similar.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.