Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Geometrical Optimization

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I am working on geometrical optimization at the COMSOL 6.1. I have a 2D geometry with roller constrained under constant magnetic field. I have magnetomechanical forces coupling at multiphysics. I want to optmize my geometry in a way that applied force of it under magnetic field is minimized in x-direction. For this purpose, I define each length of my geometry as a parameter. I try to use Nelder-Mead optimization but each time optimization gives the initial parameters as the best one. Could you help me with this ?

Thank you for your help.

Kind regrads

1 Reply Last Post Sep 22, 2023, 7:42 a.m. EDT
Kristian Ejlebjærg Jensen COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 months ago Sep 22, 2023, 7:42 a.m. EDT

Hi Feyza

Have you scaled the objective and controls appropriately? Have you verified that the objective is sensitive to the controls (using a Parametric Sweep)?

If you can answer yes to these questions, I suggest you contact comsol.com/support

Best Regards,

Kristian E. Jensen

Technical Product Manager, Optimization

Hi Feyza Have you scaled the objective and controls appropriately? Have you verified that the objective is sensitive to the controls (using a Parametric Sweep)? If you can answer yes to these questions, I suggest you contact comsol.com/support Best Regards, Kristian E. Jensen Technical Product Manager, Optimization

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.