Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

discontinuity boundary conditions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi , everyone:
I want to model a reactor with the catalyst in the middle of the reactor, to utilize the energy released by the reaction, I want to withdraw part of the hot gas from the center of the reactor.
To realize this idea, I used the discontinuity boundary condition to reprent hot gas withdrawal , specifically, I set the inward flux at the interior boundary some of the conductive heat flux. but the results show that in this part, the temperature drops a lot, as you konw, this is not right, heat removal can not derease the temperature.
there must be somethig wrong with my settings, can anyone help me?
Any suggestion is greatly appriciated!
your Z LI

1 Reply Last Post Apr 20, 2012, 5:45 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 20, 2012, 5:45 a.m. EDT
additions:
the feed velocity is changed with the amout of the gas withdrawn, besides, the temperature after the interior boundary conditions increase, which is abnormal.
these phenomenon confuse me a lot.
Is the method using a negitive inward heat flux to realize the hot gas withdrawal right?
Can anyone have another idea?
additions: the feed velocity is changed with the amout of the gas withdrawn, besides, the temperature after the interior boundary conditions increase, which is abnormal. these phenomenon confuse me a lot. Is the method using a negitive inward heat flux to realize the hot gas withdrawal right? Can anyone have another idea?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.