Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

AC

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Please, how to bring highfrequency AC to the capacitor plates?

3 Replies Last Post Apr 16, 2012, 12:15 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 16, 2012, 11:35 a.m. EDT
Hi

for example if you solve in frequency domain (harmonic development of the equations) then you set the amplitude in the BCs and the frequency freq in the solver settings as an unique or a range of values.

Note, take care to respect the ACDC conditions, frequencies sufficient low such that the wavelengt is much bigger than the domains you measure on, else you should use the RF module for "really" high frequencies GHz or optical

Check the doc and the model library too ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi for example if you solve in frequency domain (harmonic development of the equations) then you set the amplitude in the BCs and the frequency freq in the solver settings as an unique or a range of values. Note, take care to respect the ACDC conditions, frequencies sufficient low such that the wavelengt is much bigger than the domains you measure on, else you should use the RF module for "really" high frequencies GHz or optical Check the doc and the model library too ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 16, 2012, 12:14 p.m. EDT
Hi Ivar,
thanks for your reply. Please, I describe my problem in subject Diathermy heating.. Is it possible to use RF module?
Hi Ivar, thanks for your reply. Please, I describe my problem in subject Diathermy heating.. Is it possible to use RF module?

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 16, 2012, 12:15 p.m. EDT
Sorry, It´s Shortwave diathermy subject.
www.comsol.eu/community/forums/general/thread/27817/
Sorry, It´s Shortwave diathermy subject. http://www.comsol.eu/community/forums/general/thread/27817/

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.