Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

transient acoustic source simulation help

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I try to simulate a transient motion of one solid cylinder in the water as my acoustic source.
I use ALE (Moving Mesh) to have the displacement of the cylinder.
Here is my question. I want to use this movement as my transient acoustic source.
Pressure = Displacement*(some other parameters).
I set this pressure as one of the boundary source in acoustic module.
I try to call the results from my solution1(ale.dxz- surface displacement), but it looks to me I can not get anything.
I tried to use the parametric sweep and stationary study, but my pressure is always zero...
Is this the coupling issue?

Any suggestions and considerations is appreciated.

Thanks
Xu

0 Replies Last Post Feb 28, 2012, 11:20 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Xu Meng

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.