Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

PML layer & automatic PEC layer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

for a 3D RF structure i want to use

1. PML at top & bottom layer (domain)
2. port at front & back
3. periodic boundary condition left-right

Now PEC has automatically (default) set up at the top & bottom surface of PML . I want to get rid of it.

Would you please help me .

Thank you & best regards
Sanjay Debnath

1 Reply Last Post Feb 17, 2012, 1:33 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 17, 2012, 1:33 a.m. EST
Hi

I believe you can just "overwrite them. COMSOl starts to define a coherent set of Default (first node icons with the little D) equations and BC, then its up to you to add new nodes that either Contribute (add in) or Overwrite the previous ones. Read carefully the node tree from TOP to BOTTOM. This is important as enven the order of "physics" some time can make your model solve or not (or just give funny results ;)

So add anew BC node and select the side boundaries, then go back to the default node and most probably you will see these being owervritten.

By the way this applias also to material nodes (often the first is for all domains, then new material just overwrite the first selection)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I believe you can just "overwrite them. COMSOl starts to define a coherent set of Default (first node icons with the little D) equations and BC, then its up to you to add new nodes that either Contribute (add in) or Overwrite the previous ones. Read carefully the node tree from TOP to BOTTOM. This is important as enven the order of "physics" some time can make your model solve or not (or just give funny results ;) So add anew BC node and select the side boundaries, then go back to the default node and most probably you will see these being owervritten. By the way this applias also to material nodes (often the first is for all domains, then new material just overwrite the first selection) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.