Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat Diffusion

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I have just recently joined the Comsol community, and as a result, I am quite the beginner.

I am currently attempting to model heat diffusion through a window, I selected "heat transfer in solids" and built the model, using heat flux, but I am not sure if this is the correct way forward.

I also am struggling on generating a graph of results too, I have been going through the tutorials and progressing my way up the learning curve!

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

2 Replies Last Post Feb 17, 2012, 9:35 a.m. EST
Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 16, 2012, 10:44 a.m. EST
Going through some tutorials, as you are doing, is a really good way to learn the software. There are two suitable step-by-step examples in the documentation that involve the same features that you require. They are titled “Axisymmetric Transient Heat Transfer” and “1D Heat Transfer with Radiation”. The second one also shows how to generate graphs.

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
Going through some tutorials, as you are doing, is a really good way to learn the software. There are two suitable step-by-step examples in the documentation that involve the same features that you require. They are titled “Axisymmetric Transient Heat Transfer” and “1D Heat Transfer with Radiation”. The second one also shows how to generate graphs. Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 17, 2012, 9:35 a.m. EST
Thanks for the help :)!

One more question, if I am trying to model convection etc of certain experiments, is the "heat transfer module" required, or is it possible to do this modelling without it?

Thanks for the help :)! One more question, if I am trying to model convection etc of certain experiments, is the "heat transfer module" required, or is it possible to do this modelling without it?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.