Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Compute Expression between different solutions?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

Does anybody know if there is a way to compute an expression using two or more different solutions?

For example if I do a parametric scan of a waveguide geometry and I would like how similar the electric field is, I could compute the overlap between the fields of a different solutions, which would read something like this:

Int ( E1x*conj(E2x) , dA)
where E1x the x component of the electric field of solution 1 and E2x the electric field of solution 2 is, the product is then integrated over the 2d plane of the solution.

Thanks a lot!
Niklas

2 Replies Last Post Feb 16, 2012, 6:05 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 16, 2012, 2:06 a.m. EST
Hi

if its from the same data set check the at() and with() operators in the doc, these should help

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if its from the same data set check the at() and with() operators in the doc, these should help -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 16, 2012, 6:05 p.m. EST
Hey

Sounds like what I need, will try it out.

Thanks a lot!

-Niklas
Hey Sounds like what I need, will try it out. Thanks a lot! -Niklas

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.