Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Probe Table Storage Settings in MATLAB

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I hit the limit of 10,000 rows for probe talbes stored within the model. Now I want to set the probe table to be stored in an external file. It seems pretty easy to do this using the GUI. Unfortunatly, I am using a MATLAB LiveLink script and opening the GUI to change these settings manually for every model is not an option.

Consequently, I am looking for a documentaiton of how to specifiy the storage settings of a probe table in MATLAB using LiveLink. Alternativly, I would be already grateful for a piece of code.

I am using COMSOL 5.3a, but I am interested in solutions for both, 5.3a and 5.5.

Cheers, Nils

1 Reply Last Post Jun 4, 2020, 6:40 a.m. EDT
Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Jun 4, 2020, 6:40 a.m. EDT

Hi Nils

If you know how to do something in the GUI and wish to learn the corresponding commands in the COMSOL API all you have to do is to save the model as an M-file.

You can also increase the number of stored rows in a table: model.result.table('tbl1').set('tablebuffersize', 20000);

-------------------
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
Hi Nils If you know how to do something in the GUI and wish to learn the corresponding commands in the COMSOL API all you have to do is to save the model as an M-file. You can also increase the number of stored rows in a table: model.result.table('tbl1').set('tablebuffersize', 20000);

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.