Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Particle size in Particle tracing module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!

I have a problem with the Particle Tracing in Fluid Flow (ver. 5.4). In particular, I want to set the diameters of the particles but changing the values (for example from 10^-9 m to 1m) I have the same situation. How I can solve this issue?

Thank you so much in advance.

Antonia

3 Replies Last Post Jun 21, 2020, 12:59 p.m. EDT

Posted: 4 years ago Jun 10, 2020, 11:11 p.m. EDT

I meet the same situation, have you solved this question?

I meet the same situation, have you solved this question?

Posted: 4 years ago Jun 11, 2020, 10:27 a.m. EDT

Hello,

Do you mean that you get the same particle sizes in the result plots or that the physics remains the same?

The particle sizes in the plots can be set manually, so that changing the diameter of the particles in the physics will not affect the plots. However, if your physics does not change, you need to make sure that it is set properly so that it does depend on particle size.

Cheers,

Alex

Hello, Do you mean that you get the same particle sizes in the result plots or that the physics remains the same? The particle sizes in the plots can be set manually, so that changing the diameter of the particles in the physics will not affect the plots. However, if your physics does not change, you need to make sure that it is set properly so that it does depend on particle size. Cheers, Alex

Posted: 4 years ago Jun 21, 2020, 12:59 p.m. EDT
Updated: 4 years ago Jun 21, 2020, 1:00 p.m. EDT

Hello!

Yes, I solved the problem.

You have to set the particle diameter in "Particle Properties" . Then, to correctly visualize the particles in your results you have to do as follows:

1. Go to Particle trajectories (ftp) in Results
  2. Click Particle trajectories
  3. Go to Coloring and Style section
  4. In Point Style select Point Radius expression you have to write: ftp.pp1.dp
  5. In Radius Scale factor you have to write: 1

I hope it can be useful to solve yours problem.

Cheers,

Antonia

Hello! Yes, I solved the problem. You have to set the particle diameter in "Particle Properties" . Then, to correctly visualize the particles in your results you have to do as follows: 1. Go to Particle trajectories (ftp) in Results 2. Click Particle trajectories 3. Go to Coloring and Style section 4. In Point Style select Point Radius expression you have to write: **ftp.pp1.dp** 5. In Radius Scale factor you have to write: **1** I hope it can be useful to solve yours problem. Cheers, Antonia

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.