Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modifying Darcy's Law

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I'm trying to model the effect of osmotic pressure using Darcy's Law in Comsol 4.2.
As it stands the equation is
d(rho*epsilon_p)/dt + grad(-rho/mu* kappa * div(p) ) = 0

I'd like to augment the equation so that the last term on the left hand side was div( p - OS)
where OS is my calculated osmotic pressure.
I've already tried placing the terms d(d(OS,x),x)+d(d(OS,y),y) on the right hand side using the 'mass source' option, however this seemed to create numerical problems (not surprising for a double derivative of a variable I suppose..)

Any thoughts? I'm realtively new to comsol, so sorry if this is a stupid question.
Cheers
John

0 Replies Last Post Feb 3, 2012, 2:27 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello John Davidson

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.