Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mixing Two Different Species

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Currently I'm using "Transport of Diluted Species" with "Laminar Flow".

I used two different species by applying two different concentrations.

But I had to use the same diffusion coefficient.

Is there any way of assigning two diffusion coefficient for each species?

Thanks.

1 Reply Last Post Feb 2, 2012, 4:12 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 2, 2012, 4:12 p.m. EST
Hi

wehn you define your physics you select the number of species, by default there is 1, so you need to change to 2, then "c" changes to "c1" and "c2"

By the way I never tust to change once I have set up my model, I always restart a new physics or ven full model in such cases, but perhaps it works ok if you edit the main physics node under Dependent variables tab (at the bottom)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi wehn you define your physics you select the number of species, by default there is 1, so you need to change to 2, then "c" changes to "c1" and "c2" By the way I never tust to change once I have set up my model, I always restart a new physics or ven full model in such cases, but perhaps it works ok if you edit the main physics node under Dependent variables tab (at the bottom) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.