Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to use complex values in interpolation function?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, everyone,

I want to use an interpolation function as the boundary condition in my calculation. The discreted points
are complex, (here in my model, is the complex input electricmagnetic field). However, when I set the interpolation
function, I got an error "a complex constant was encountered during expression evaluation".

Anyone can tell me how to solve this problem or if I should use some other method to set that boundary condition?
Thank you!

Zhiqi

1 Reply Last Post Dec 12, 2011, 12:48 p.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 12, 2011, 12:48 p.m. EST
Set your complex function as two different functions for real and imaginary parts. This should work.
Set your complex function as two different functions for real and imaginary parts. This should work.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.