Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Try eigenfrequency analysis by LMS and MBD

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

While I am trying a 1dof example to test the eigenfrequency analysis by LMS and MBD, I feel really confused that I have one model passed but with another failed which have all the parameters same but only the direction of applied force on the rigid domain. I attached my idea and the two models which I setup in Comsol5.3a windows. Does anyone have ever suffered this? Thanks a lot in advance.

Erro info: - Feature: Eigenvalue Solver 1 (sol1/e1) Singular matrix. - Detail: There are 1 degrees of freedom that do not occur in any equation (empty columns in matrix) for the variable comp1.mbd.rd1.u. at coordinates: (0,0,0), ...

2 Replies Last Post Aug 18, 2019, 7:51 a.m. EDT
Pawan Soami COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago Aug 16, 2019, 4:29 a.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Aug 16, 2019, 5:58 a.m. EDT

Dear Leon,

I had a look at your model and it seems you have missed to update the displement in the External Source node in LMS. Once you change the port-1 displacement as intop1(u) instead of intop1(w), it works as expected.

Best regards,
Pawan Soami

Dear Leon, I had a look at your model and it seems you have missed to update the displement in the External Source node in LMS. Once you change the port-1 displacement as *intop1(u)* instead of *intop1(w)*, it works as expected. Best regards, Pawan Soami

Posted: 5 years ago Aug 18, 2019, 7:51 a.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Aug 18, 2019, 7:41 a.m. EDT

Dear Pawan,

Thank you very much for the help!

Best regards, Leon

Dear Pawan, Thank you very much for the help! Best regards, Leon

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.