Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can't execute mphgeom or mphmesh in Matlab

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm working through the example on pp. 26-28 of the LiveLink for Matlab User's guide. The simulation runs just fine, and the results can be plotted using mphplot. However, I get these Matlab errors when I try to view the geometry or mesh using mphgeom or mphmesh:

For mphgeom:
Subscript indices must either be real positive integers or logicals.
Error in ==> C:\COMSOL42\mli\mphpatch.p>mphpatch at 144
Error in ==> C:\COMSOL42\mli\mphgeom.p>mphgeom at 75

For mphmesh:
Subscript indices must either be real positive integers or logicals.
Error in ==> C:\COMSOL42\mli\mphmesh.p>mphmesh at 122

I'm quite proficient with Matlab, but as these are p-files, I can't see where the problem lies. I'm running Matlab 2008a. Will these errors disappear if I upgrade?

Cheers,
Brian

0 Replies Last Post Nov 1, 2011, 12:11 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Brian West

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.