Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

geometry of a pipe

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

Im make a study of heat transfer of pipe to a fluid, but I´m having problem to drawing the geometry because my tube has the format of the letter L and I dont know how to to make the 90o curve in the comsol. Can anyone explain how I can make this curve? What tools I need to use?

4 Replies Last Post Oct 28, 2011, 8:43 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 26, 2011, 10:03 p.m. EDT
Hi Gustavo Andrade:

I guess you can first create a L shape curve and then Sweep the terminal face along the curve.

Or you may revolve terminal face at the corner.
Hi Gustavo Andrade: I guess you can first create a L shape curve and then Sweep the terminal face along the curve. Or you may revolve terminal face at the corner.

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 27, 2011, 8:20 a.m. EDT
Hi Vicent Zhang

My difficulty is how I can create this curve using sweep. You can create a step by step to me?

Hi Vicent Zhang My difficulty is how I can create this curve using sweep. You can create a step by step to me?

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 27, 2011, 8:56 a.m. EDT
Hi Gustavo Andrade:

This is how I make it.

I recommend you to read the user's guide -- Creating a 3D Geometry Model.
Hi Gustavo Andrade: This is how I make it. I recommend you to read the user's guide -- Creating a 3D Geometry Model.

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 28, 2011, 8:43 a.m. EDT
thx for the help.
thx for the help.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.